Rugby, Ill. History
is a station and post office on the Kankakee
and Minonk branch of the Illinois Central Railroad, in Owego
Township, ninety-seven miles from Chicago
and eight miles east of Pontiac. It
has Western Union telegraph and American Express facilities.
The population is six persons. The grain shipments for 1897 were 105,000
bushels of corn and 100,000 bushels ofoats
Rugby Business Directory 1898
Middle Division Elevator Co., M. W. Baker, Manager, grain
Kaehne, General Merchandise and Postmaster.
J. W. Kylver, Railroad and Express Agent.