Lodemia, Ill History

1898

            Lodemia is a station and post office on the Streator branch of the Wabash Railroad in Avoca Township. It is seven miles southeast of Pontiac. John Bodley Jr. is Postmaster. A Methodist Episcopal Church is located here. Rev. P. A. St. John is pastor. During 1897 the grain shipments from Lodemia were 150 cars 100,000 bushels of corn and 40,00 bushels of oats.

 

            Lodemia Business Directory 1898

            A Methodist Episcopal Church is located here. Rev. P.A. St. John is pastor.